AGLC Header
Home | News | Publications | Contact Us | Site Map Online Services - Login
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Logo AGLC - About Us
AGLC - Gaming
AGLC - Liquor
AGLC - Being Responsible
Charities & Non-Profit Groups
AGLC navigation spacer
Licensed Facility Operators
AGLC navigation spacer
Registered Gaming Workers
AGLC navigation spacer
First Nations Gaming
AGLC navigation spacer
Policies, Procedures and Handbooks
AGLC navigation spacer
Video Lottery Retailers
AGLC navigation spacer
Lottery Ticket Retailers
AGLC navigation spacer
Responsible Gambling
AGLC navigation spacer
Gaming History & Facts
AGLC navigation spacer
Industry Reviews and Studies
AGLC navigation spacer
Frequently Asked Questions
AGLC content

Casino Eligibility and Licence Forms

A casino licence authorizes charitable or religious organizations to conduct casino events.

Determination of Eligibility

PDF Eligibility for Casino Licence

The purpose of this application is to determine a group's eligibility to hold casino events. Only charitable or religious groups are licensed to conduct gaming events in Alberta.
The proceeds generated from these events must be used for approved charitable or religious activities. To qualify for a casino licence, a group must have delivered a charitable program in Alberta for a minimum of 24 months.

License Applications and Requests

PDF Casino Licence Application

The purpose of this form is to obtain a licence after eligibility has been established. This form must be submitted to the AGLC at least 60 days prior to the dates that have been assigned to the eligible organization.

PDF Request for Casino Licence

This form must be submitted if an organization has previously held a casino event, and wants to be slotted for another casino event.


PDF Casino Volunteer Worker Application

The Volunteer Worker Application (VWA) is only completed by a member of a charity to support a two-day casino event scheduled by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission. Only the volunteers working in the key positions are to be submitted.

Note: This form is NOT to be filled out by a paid gaming worker (instead see Registration Application for Gaming Worker – Casino & REC 5401).

PDF Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Request

All charities scheduled to conduct a licensed casino event must submit as part of their Casino Licence Application a completed Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Request Form. Please complete this form and attach a copy of a voided cheque pre-printed with the exact legal name of the group, or a letter from the bank verifying the casino account information, and submit with your casino licence application to the AGLC Office eight weeks prior to your scheduled casino event.

Note: If the name printed on the cheque does not exactly match the legal name of the group, bank verification is required.

Back Print Friendly Version
Copyright and Disclaimer                        Privacy Statement
Alberta Lottery Fund - Benefiting your community right now. AGLC Smart Training Programs Gaming Information for Charitable Groups